Sunday, April 15, 2007

Early Morning Blessing

If you want to see Jesus, do the TYF thing! For real. I just got back from walking down to the Strawberry Festival that is held here in Ponchatoula, LA every year. It's our big carnival..actually second only to Mardi Gras. When I walked down, it was 6 AM and nobody was there, I didn't see a soul. I walked down through town and then back up 7th. When I got to the corner where the festival begins, I saw a guy riding a bike, called him over and told him the TYF story. I saw Jesus.

We talked for about 10 minutes and the love of God was all there. He works for the carnival, all he has in life is his bike and two bags of clothes. If he quits traveling, he won't have anything. He was a chef for 19 years and then his life fell apart... i don't have the details, but he told me that he and God are not on the same page.. I respected that and told him that I would pray for him and when the door opens for him to settle into a town with a job cooking, he would let me know. He put my card in his wallet and we parted friends.

Then I kept walking and ran across some kids emptying trash, TYF'd them, brought smiles to their faces and I saw Jesus. Then I found the guys cleaning out the Port-O-Lets....and I say...Oh Yeah...these guys need thanked... so I TYF'd them and I'm telling you ....I SAW JESUS!

It's real, and it's right there in front of us if we just step out.....and Thank somebody.